All courses provide 16 units of continuing education credits for massage therapists and body workers as well as fulfilling the 16 unit requirement for each of the classes in the Ortho-Bionomy Practitioner Training Program. Please contact me if you need more or fewer credits.Ethics and Emotions
Includes Standard V, required for Re-Certification for Massage Therapists
This course will help you to clarify and appropriately handle many of the ethical and emotional situations you encounter in your day-to-day interactions with your clients. In this course you will have the opportunity to:
- Examine prejudice, expectations and preferences.
Discover when the need for support and mentoring arises and to avoid working outside the scope of practice.
- Identify unethical behavior and find out how to rectify such behavior
- Increase your ability to explain your ethical system and beliefs about health and healing with clarity and sensitivity.
- Investigate the issues that commonly arise in the practitioner client relationship, including the need for appropriate boundaries and ensuring personal and client safety.
- Effectively handle and or contain emotional release
- Learn or fine-tune how to end a session with clarity and compassion even if not all presenting issues have resolved
And much more.
For students and practitioners of Ortho-Bionomy®, specific questions about the Ortho-Bionomy trademark and legal responsibilities with the Society of Ortho-Bionomy are included.
For Massage Therapists who require less than 16 CE credits, I customize the course according to your needs. The tuition is pro-rated at $15 per credit. A six credit course costs $90, a nine credit course is $135.
This course covers the kinds of issue practitioners need to address when they want to take their practice to the next level. The course is customized to the individual practitioner’s experience and needs. Please contact me, for the appropriate course materials for you.
In the Advanced Ethics and Emotions course you will:
- Learn to recognize and address transference and counter-transference
- Receive guidelines for working with clients who experienced trauma
- Learn to recognize “non-ordinary” states of consciousness and how to handle them
- Get clear about how to resolve differences and difficulties with your clients respectfully
- Receive more details on how to handle an emotional crisis
- Investigate more thoroughly how to hold yourself accountable
- Examine your own need for personal growth work
And much more
“Marketing with Heart”, Part One
This course will teach you how to create and maintain a long-term successful bodywork practice without sacrificing your personal well-being.
Since the course is very extensive, we tailor your learning experience to what is most relevant to your current needs, expertise and interests.
In the “Marketing with Heart” Course Part One, you will learn how to:
- Balance all aspects of your life and work
- Clarify your vision of what you want your work to be
- Set specific goals
- Increase your capacity to maintain motivation and positive attitude during times of inner and outer challenges.
- Investigate your beliefs about money
- Set up an effective system for time and money management
- Learn about different legal structures for your business
- Set up a process for accurately keeping records, making tax deductions and observing legal requirements
- Choose a work situation that is most aligned with your personality and resources
- Setting up an office
This course will be an important reference and motivational tool for many years to come!
Please be sure to get the “Business Mastery 4″ book by Cherie Sohnen Moe as supplemental text. ISBN: 0-9621265-7-8
“Marketing with Heart”, Part Two
Please contact me for this course, so we can customize it for you. This course will give you suggestions for a multitude of amazing and highly effective marketing tools. Since everyone is different, you choose what suits your particular style and personality. The course is very extensive, therefore, we tailor your learning experience to what is most relevant to your current needs, expertise and interests.
In the “Marketing with Heart” Course Part Two, you will:
- Discover important strategies that apply to all marketing efforts
- Analyze your current business and increase the effectiveness your existing marketing endeavors
- Discover your “Unique Selling Proposition” and why that has everything to do with your success
- Discover why analyzing your target market is crucial to your success
- Learn fun new marketing strategies and implement them right away
- Learn how “risk reversal” will increase your income more quickly than you could ever imagine
- Learn why “Test and Track” is so important
- Avoid client attrition and increase your customer base all at the same time
- Create at least one piece of effective promotional written material
And much, much more – this course will be an important reference and inspiration for many years to come!
Please be sure to have the “Business Mastery 4″ book by Cherie Sohnen Moe as supplemental text. ISBN: 0-9621265-7-8
Having completed Marketing with a Heart, Part One is very useful, however, if your main focus is to acquire specific marketing skills, you may also take this course by itself. Please e-mail me with any questions or concerns.
This course is based on 25 years of working in the field of wholistic health and is influenced by the disciplines of Authentic Movement, Non-Violent Communication, Process Oriented Psychology, Conversation Analysis and Hypnosis
Communication Skills for the Body-Worker covers both basic and advanced principles and applications of effective communication in the therapeutic relationship. A wealth of specific exercises helps you implement the theoretical knowledge offered in the course
In the Communication Skills for the Body-Worker course, you will learn to:
- Differentiate between observation and judgment
- Reflect and clarify what you heard (active Listening)
- Recognize different conversational styles and how they affect communication
- Set boundaries with compassion
- Resolve differences in a supportive way
- Communicate your own needs in a respectful but firm manner
- Ask questions that empower the client
- Avoid giving advice
- Make interventions that honor both client and practitioner
And much more
Similar in structure and approach as the Communication Skills for the Body-worker, this course is designed with a broader focus to include our personal relationships and interactions in our daily lives and without strict focus on the therapeutic relationship. Since the course is so extensive, students are free to choose from the offered exercises to what is most relevant to their lives.
In Communication Skills for Life course, you will practice and learn how to:
- Identify your needs
- Communicate your needs without making them into demands
- Differentiate thoughts from true feelings
- Investigate thought and speaking habits and determine which are life enhancing and which may be outdated
- Hear other people’s needs without agreeing to fulfill them
- Say “no” compassionately
- Disagree without closing your heart
- “Translate” criticism and objections into needs
- Differentiate between appreciation and manipulation
- Experience the joy of contributing to others happiness
And much more
CE credit for massage is not available for this course as the certification board considers this class part of basic training; you will however receive full credit for your Ortho-Bionomy training program
In the Practitioner Training Seminar, you will have the opportunity to:
- Take an inventory of your Skills and Resources
- Clarify your own needs and desires
- Describe and implement your vision and purpose of your work
- Create your professional image
- Investigate the practitioner client relationship in all its many permutations including dual relationship and difficult client interactions
- Review the components and structure of a session, including the interviewing process, table work and how to bring a session to successful closure
- Your changing role from student to practitioner
- Investigate what causes burn-out and how you can keep the passion in the work.
And much more
Ortho-Bionomy is a registered trademark with the Society of Ortho-Bionomy Intl., Inc., and is used with permission